- By Solve
- June 6, 2023
If you are like the majority of business owners, and you are constantly searching for fresh, creative approaches to boost productivity and streamline processes. Because of this, a lot of businesses find RFID asset tracking to be a desirable alternative. There are several benefits to RFID technology, which is why it is gaining popularity. With this practical and efficient tool, you can keep track of your assets. Here will see a comprehensive guide on the RFID asset tracking system:
What is RFID asset tracking?
RFID asset monitoring is cataloging every physical asset owned by your business. The manual asset management procedures are automated with RFID asset tracking technology. It results in substantial labor savings. This will also cut expenses, time, and energy significantly. With the use of rfid asset tracking technology, you can establish a system that will provide you with better control over your essential tools and equipment.
Three main types of RFID tags
- Active RFID tags: The best RFID tags for applications like real-time tracking are active RFID tags since they transmit their own signals and have the widest read range of the three types of tags. Although they are frequently built to support extra features like this, they are typically the most expensive.
- Passive RFID: Because passive RFID tags have a lower range and no battery, they require a little more expertise to use than active or semi-passive tags. It is one of the better solutions for items that need to be tracked temporarily or are held for long periods. Additionally, they are less expensive than active or semi-active tags.
- Semi-passive RFID: In order to read the signals sent by RFID tags, RFID readers are configured to your corporate environment and placed in strategic locations. However, compared to an active tag, the range is still limited due to the absence of an internal transmitter that would allow it to send a signal independent of an RFID reader.
How does RFID asset tracking work?
The fundamental operating principles of an RFID tracking system are the same regardless of the industry in use. Your valuables have tangible RFID tags linked to them. To read the signals sent by RFID tags, RFID readers are configured to your corporate environment and placed in strategic locations. The data is processed after being sent to the rfid asset tracking system. You may track and locate particular assets using a laptop on-site, remotely with a web browser, or even while traveling with a mobile device due to an intuitive user interface.
RFID asset tracking process
- An asset is attached to an RFID tag with recorded data with a unique electronic product code.
- An adjacent RFID tag’s signal is recognized by an antenna.
- The antenna and an RFID reader establish a wireless connection to exchange information stored on the RFID tag.
- The RFID reader subsequently records, processes, and transmits the data to an RFID asset-tracking database.
How Does RFID Asset Tracking Benefit Your Business?
The rfid asset tracking solution offers a wide range of advantages that might benefit your company. Here will see a few ways RFID asset tracking might help your company:
Improve asset utilization
RFID asset tracking can help you make the most of your assets by giving you real-time visibility into their position and use when it comes to asset utilization. This data can be utilized to maximize asset utilization and ensure that your assets are used as effectively as possible.
Reduce operational costs
Businesses often worry about operational costs, and RFID asset monitoring can help you save these costs in many ways. To start, you can decrease the requirement for manual asset tracking by using RFID asset tracking. As a result, labor expenses may drop, and productivity may rise. Additionally, RFID asset tracking can aid in preventing losses brought on by missing or stolen property.
Businesses always place high importance on security, and RFID asset monitoring can assist you in enhancing the protection of your assets. By giving you real-time visibility into the status of your assets, you can see when one has vanished and take action to reclaim it. You can track your help’s movement and ensure they aren’t being utilized without your consent by giving your RFID tags GPS capability.
Enhance customer service
Another aspect of your organization where RFID asset tracking might help is customer service. You can quickly and easily find the goods your customers seek by having real-time visibility into where to find your assets. RFID asset tracking can also assist you in preventing out-of-stocks and ensuring that your shelves are always stocked with the goods your consumers require.
Improve inventory management
Any firm must effectively manage its inventory, and RFID asset monitoring can assist you in streamlining your inventory management procedures. You may prevent stock outs and guarantee that your shelves are always filled with the items your clients require by giving real-time visibility into the location and status of your inventory. RFID asset monitoring can also streamline your order-picking procedures and decrease the time to complete customer orders.
Collect data in real-time
Data collection in real-time is another advantage of RFID asset tracking. This data can be utilized to increase asset utilization, streamline corporate processes, and make better resource allocation choices. Additionally, this information can be used to produce insightful analyses of your clients’ purchasing patterns.
RFID asset tracking offers a wide range of advantages that might benefit your company. You can increase asset utilization, save operational costs, boost security, improve customer service, and streamline inventory management by giving real-time visibility into the location and condition of your assets. The rfid asset tracking Dubai could be the ideal answer if you are trying to increase the effectiveness of your company.
RFID is becoming increasingly used not only in asset management but also in the management of employee productivity. The above is the complete guide you can consider to know in depth about the RFID asset tracking system.